Sunday, January 01, 2006

I was at work when midnight stuck, and less than six minutes in, I got the following message from roommate:

"Happy new year"

Since I'd heard him singing along to Death Cab for Cutie's "The New Year" earlier that day, I replied with, "And I don't feel any different."

Then, thirteen minutes later, he replied back with:

"Happy new year"

Eleven minutes later:

"Happy new year"

When he woke up, he said, "Happy New Year."

"Happy New Year to you. You told me three times last night."

"I did?"

"Were you drunk?" I asked.

"No! I was pretty happy then, but no! Not that I need to be drunk to be happy. But." Then he grabbed his phone, mentioned someone else text messaging him twice, mentioned that he only message me once and that his phone would show that, mentioned the person who text messaged him twice again, then showed me the phone. I between each action, he said "Weird!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home